Doris Muñoz is an ambitious music manager whose undocumented family depends on her ability to discover aspiring pop stars. At just 26, she has already launched multiple Chicanx musicians, carving out space for her culture within a turbulent industry. ‘Mija’ dives into the world of a young woman hustling harder than anyone else, because for Doris and her family, “making it” isn’t just a dream—it’s a necessity.
Effective Date: March 22, 2017.
1. Introduction and Overview.
- Information Collection.
A. Information You Provide.
We and our Service Providers (defined below) may collect information you provide directly via the Service. For example, we collect information when you sign-up for our mailing lists, purchase or view our content, or otherwise communicate or transact with us through the Service.The information we collect may include Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally (whether alone or in combination), such as your first and last name, e-mail address, and postal address. You may choose to voluntarily submit certain other information to us through the Service, including Personal Information, but you are solely responsible for your own Personal Information in instances where we have not requested that you submit such information to us.Where you purchase content through the Service, we use a Third Party Service (defined below) to process your payment information, including
B. Information Collected Automatically.
The methods that may be used on the Service to collect Usage Information include:
- Log Information: Log information is data about your use of the Service, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, which is stored in log files.
- Information Collected by Tracking Technologies: Cookies, web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”), embedded scripts, and other tracking technologies now and hereafter developed (“Tracking Technologies”) may be used to collect information about your interactions with the Service or e-mails, including information about your browsing and activity behavior.
- Cookies A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s device, which may be a session ID cookie or tracking cookie. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Service and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies help in understanding how you use the Service, and remain longer. The Service may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your devices. Cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time.
- Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”) Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “internet tags” or “clear gifs” embedded in web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used to count the number of visitors to the Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, and to count content views.
- Embedded Scripts An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them, please see “Third Party Services, Social and Video Features, and Analytics” and “Your Choices” below.
C. Information from Other Sources.
- Manage our Service and films;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities;
- Conduct research, including focus groups and surveys;
- Improve the Service or other Fork Films websites, applications, marketing efforts, products and services;
- Send you advertisements and communicate with you regarding our and third party products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events we think you may be interested in (for information about how to manage these communications and marketing efforts, please see “Your Choices” below); and
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information.
- To comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- To protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service, the individuals involved in our films, or any third party;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- With our affiliates for internal business purposes;
- With our affiliates, business partners, and other third parties for their own business purposes, including direct marketing purposes (California residents have certain rights set forth in “Your California Privacy Rights” below);
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose.
- Sweepstakes, Contests, Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, surveys, and other promotions (each, a “Promotion”) jointly sponsored or offered by third parties that may require submitting Personal Information. If you voluntarily choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Third Party Services, Social Features, and Analytics. Our Service includes hyperlinks to websites, locations, platforms, or services operated by third parties (“Third Party Service(s)“). For example, we may link to third party video services, such as iTunes or Netflix, in order to view our films. These Third Party Services may use Tracking Technologies to independently collect information about you and may solicit Personal Information from you.Certain functionalities on the Service permit interactions that you initiate between the Service and certain Third Party Services, such as third party social networks and video services (“Social and Video Features”). Examples of Social and Video Features include “liking” or “sharing” our content, watching embedded videos using third party video service technology, and otherwise connecting our Service to a Third Party Service. If you use Social and Video Features, and
potentially other Third Party Services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on our Service or by the Third Party Service that you use.Similarly, if you post information on a Third Party Service that references our Service (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with Fork Films in a tweet or status update), your post may be used on or in connection with our Service. Also, both Fork Films and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of our Service and the Third Party Service.We may use Google Analytics and other Service Providers for analytics services. These analytics services may use Tracking Technologies to help Fork Films analyze Service users and how they use the Service. Information generated by these services (e.g., your IP address and other Usage Information) may be transmitted to and stored by these Service Providers on servers in the U.S. (or elsewhere) and these Service Providers may use
information on Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them, please see “Information Collected Automatically” above and “Your Choices” below.
- Your Choices.
A. Accessing Your Information.
You may access, update, or remove certain information that you voluntarily submitted to us when you made a purchase through the Service by sending an e-mail to us
. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.B. Tracking Technologies Generally. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately.Please be aware that if you disable or remove Tracking Technologies some parts of the Service may not work and that when you revisit the Service your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit
C. Analytics Tracking Technologies
or downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Fork Films is not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
You can opt out of receiving certain promotional e-mails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in e-mails to click on the unsubscribe link or by sending an e-mail to us
with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the e-mail. Please note that your opt out is limited to the e-mail address used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions or non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or Fork Films’s ongoing business relations.
- Your California Privacy Rights. California’s “Shine the Light” law permits customers in California to request certain details about how certain types of their information are shared with third parties and, in some cases, affiliates, for those third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business should either provide California customers certain information upon request or permit California customers to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing.Fork Films may share personal information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” law with third parties and/or affiliates for such third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain information about our compliance with this law, please e-mail us
or send us a letter to Fork Films LLC, 25 East 21st Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10010 (Attention: Legal). Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that Fork Films is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided e-mail address or mail address.
- Children. The Service is intended for a general audience and not directed to children under thirteen (13) years of age. Fork Films does not intend to collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and believe Fork Films has collected such information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, please e-mail us
or send us a letter to Fork Films LLC, 25 East 21st Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10010 (Attention: Legal), and we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA.
- Data Security. We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through our Service.
- Contact Us. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us
or send us a letter to Fork Films LLC, 25 East 21st Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10010 (Attention: Legal).