- Introduction and Overview.
In some instances, both these Terms and separate terms will apply to your use of the Service (“Additional Terms”). To the extent there is a conflict between these Terms and any applicable Additional Terms, the Additional Terms will control unless they expressly state otherwise.
- Service Use.
The Service contains: (i) materials and other items relating to Fork Films and its films, products, and services, and similar items from our licensors and other third parties, including all layout, information, databases, articles, posts, text, data, files, images, scripts, designs, graphics, instructions, illustrations, photographs, sounds, pictures, videos, advertising copy, URLs, technology, software, interactive features, the “look and feel” of the Service, and the compilation, assembly, and arrangement of the materials of the Service and any and all copyrightable material; (ii) trademarks, logos, trade names, trade dress, service marks, and trade identities of various parties, including those of Fork Films; and (iii) other forms of intellectual property (all of the foregoing, collectively “Content”). All right, title, and interest in and to the Service and the Content is the property of Fork Films or our licensors or certain other third parties, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent and/or other intellectual property and unfair competition rights and laws to the fullest extent possible.
B. Limited License.
Subject to your strict compliance with these Terms and any applicable Additional Terms, Fork Films grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to download, display, view, use, and play the Content on a personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone, or other internet-enabled device (each, a “Device”) and/or print one copy of the Content as it is displayed to you, in each case for your personal, non-commercial use only. The foregoing limited license (i) does not give you any ownership of, or any other intellectual property interest in, any Content, (ii) does not apply to our films, and (iii) may be suspended or terminated for any reason, in Fork Films’s sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability. Your unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, communications, and other laws, and any such use may result in your personal liability, including potential criminal liability.
You may not use the Service unless you are at least: (i) the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside with the legal right to agree to these Terms; or (ii) thirteen (13) years or older and have your parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to use the Service and agreement to enter into these Terms on your behalf.
You may not: (i) use the Service or Content for any political purpose, commercial purpose, or public performance without a specific license from us; (ii) engage in any activity in connection with the Service or Content that is unlawful, harmful, offensive, obscene, violent, threatening, harassing, abusive, or otherwise objectionable to Fork Films; (iii) harvest any information from the Service or Content; (iv) reverse engineer or modify the Service or Content; (v) interfere with the proper operation of or any security measure used by the Service or Content; (vi) infringe any intellectual property or other right of any third party; (vii) use the Service or Content in a manner that suggests an unauthorized association or is beyond the scope of the limited license granted to you; or (viii) otherwise violate these Terms or any applicable Additional Terms.
You agree to comply with all local, state, federal, national, foreign, supranational, and international laws, statutes, ordinances, regulations, treaties, directives, and agreements that apply to your use of the Service and Content.
Fork Films may suspend or terminate the availability of the Service and Content, in whole or in part, to any individual user or all users, for any reason, in Fork Films’s sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability. Upon suspension or termination of your access to the Service, or upon notice from Fork Films, all rights granted to you under these Terms or any applicable Additional Terms will cease immediately, and you agree that you will immediately discontinue use of the Service and Content.
E. Reservation of Rights.
All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by Fork Films and its licensors and other third parties. No right or license may be construed, under any legal theory, by implication, estoppel, industry custom, or otherwise. Any unauthorized use of the Content or Service for any purpose is prohibited.
A. Licensing and Screenings.
We may offer you the ability to view and purchase our films through Third Party Services (defined below). Your use of our films is subject to the applicable licenses, and we are not responsible or liable for your use of any such Third Party Services. For more information on Third Party Services, see section 7 below.
We may offer you the ability to purchase a public performance license to certain of our films. Unless expressly stated otherwise when you obtain the license, the public performance license gives you unlimited screenings of a particular film at a single campus or location, and you are welcome to charge admission or to use the screening at a fundraiser. The public performance license does not include the right to show the film on television or online.
When you purchase a public performance license, we may also provide you with additional materials. You are solely responsible for the use of these additional materials and agree to indemnify Fork Films against all claims, injury and/or damages including attorneys’ fees that arise out of your use of these materials.
For further information on film licensing and screenings, see our Frequently Asked Questions.
We seek to support independent filmmakers by making grants and strategic investments in films that align with our mission. For information on film funding, see our Application Process.
When you submit any comments, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, techniques or materials to us through or relating to the Service (“Submissions”), you grant us a non-exclusive, unrestricted, unconditional, unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable and cost-free right and license to use, copy, record, distribute, reproduce, disclose, sell, re-sell, sublicense, display, publicly perform, transmit, publish, broadcast, translate, make derivative works of, and otherwise use and exploit in any manner whatsoever, all or any portion of your Submissions, for any purpose whatsoever in all formats, on or through any means or medium now known or hereafter developed, and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed, and to advertise, market, and promote the same. You also irrevocably grant us the right, but not the obligation, to use your name in connection with your Submissions. You agree to waive any moral rights that you may have in any Submissions, even if it is altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. To the extent not waivable, you irrevocably agree not to exercise such rights in a manner that interferes with any exercise of the granted rights. You understand that you will not receive any fees, sums, consideration, or remuneration for any of the rights granted herein. Our receipt of your Submissions is not an admission of their novelty, priority, or originality, and it does not impair our right to contest existing or future intellectual property rights relating to your Submissions. You agree that your Submissions will not: (i) promote any political or commercial purpose; (ii) defame, abuse, harass, stalk, or threaten others; (iii) use racially or ethnically offensive language; (iv) discuss or incite illegal activity; or (v) infringe any intellectual property or other right of any third party. Submissions do not include films you submit to us in response to a call for film grant applications by us.
For further information on how we treat Submissions, see our Submission Policy.
- Copyright Infringement.
A. DMCA Notification.
Fork Films responds to copyright notifications submitted under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512 (“DMCA”). To submit a notice of claimed copyright infringement under U.S. law, provide our designated agent with the following written information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on his or her behalf;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate that material;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner asserted is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Our designated agent is Operations Director of Fork Films. You can obtain further information from the Copyright Office’s online directory at https://dmca.copyright.gov/osp/.
We will respond to notifications of claimed copyright infringement in accordance with the DMCA.
B. Counter Notification.
If you believe that your material has been removed in error in response to a copyright notification, you may submit a counter notification to our designated agent with the following written information:
- A physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the U.S., for any judicial district in which Fork Films may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
We will respond to counter notifications in accordance with the DMCA.
- Introduction and Overview.
- Customer Support.
If you have any questions or comments, please send an e-mail to us here. You acknowledge that the provision of support is at Fork Films’s sole discretion and that we have no obligation to provide you with customer support of any kind. All legal notices to us must be mailed to Fork Films LLC, 25 East 21st Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10010 (Attention: Legal). When you communicate with us electronically, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Customer Support.
- Third Party Services.
- Third Party Services.
- Service Features.
A. Wireless Features.
B. Location-Based Features.
You can opt out of receiving certain promotional e-mails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in e-mails to click on the unsubscribe link or by sending an e-mail to us here with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the e-mail. Please note that your opt out is limited to the e-mail address used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions or non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or Fork Films’s ongoing business relations.
- Service Features.
- Agreement to Arbitrate Disputes and Choice of Law.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT AND TO HAVE A JURY HEAR YOUR CLAIMS. IT CONTAINS PROCEDURES FOR MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
A. We Both Agree to Arbitrate.
You and Fork Films agree to resolve any claims relating to these Terms through final and binding arbitration, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate Fork Films’s intellectual property rights (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or patent rights). Under such circumstances Fork Films may bring a lawsuit solely for injunctive relief to stop unauthorized use or abuse of the Service, or intellectual property infringement (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or patent rights) without first engaging in arbitration or the informal dispute-resolution process described above.
B. What is Arbitration.
Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court and seeks to resolve disputes more quickly. Instead of a judge or a jury, the case will be decided by a neutral arbitrator who has the power to award the same damages and relief that a court can. If any provision of this arbitration agreement is found unenforceable, the unenforceable provision shall be severed, and the remaining arbitration terms shall be enforced.
C. Arbitration Procedures.
The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this dispute resolution provision. Arbitration shall be initiated through JAMS. Any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms shall be referred to and finally determined by arbitration in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures in front of one arbitrator. If there is a conflict between JAMS Rules and the rules set forth in these Terms, the rules set forth in this Terms will govern. The JAMS Rules and instructions for how to initiate an arbitration are available from JAMS at http://www.jamsadr.com or 1-800-352-5267. To initiate arbitration, you or Fork Films must do the following things:
- Write a demand for Arbitration. The demand must include a description of the Claim and the amount of damages sought to be recovered. You can find a copy of a demand for Arbitration at www.jamsadr.com.
- Send three copies of the demand for Arbitration, plus the appropriate filing fee to: JAMS to your local JAMS office or to JAMS, Two Embarcadero Center, Suite 1500, San Francisco, CA 94111
- Send one copy of the demand for Arbitration to the other party.
Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the JAMS Rules. If travelling to New York is a burden, you may participate in the arbitration by phone or via document submission to the fullest extent allowable by the arbitrator. Each party will bear their own costs of arbitration unless the arbitrator directs that bearing such costs would be an undue burden and in that case, we will pay for your portion of the arbitration administrative costs (but not your attorneys’ fees). Arbitration under this agreement shall be held in the United States in New York, NY under New York law without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. The arbitration may award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court (including injunctive relief). Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
D. Authority of Arbitrator.
The arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and Fork Films, and the dispute will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the Arbitration Rules, and the Terms. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and Fork Films.
E. No Class Actions.
You may only resolve disputes with us on an individual basis, and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action. Class arbitrations, class actions, private attorney general actions, and consolidation with other arbitrations are not allowed.
F. Waiver of Jury Trial.
THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY, instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient and less costly than rules applicable in court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In the event any litigation should arise between you and Fork Films in any state or federal court in a suit to vacate or enforce an arbitration award or otherwise, YOU AND FORK FILMS WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, instead electing that the dispute be resolved by a judge. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT YOU MAY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN DECIDING TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE.
G. Choice of Law/Forum Suggestion.
In any circumstances where the Agreement to Arbitrate Disputes permits the parties to litigate in court, these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, excluding its conflict of law rules. You further expressly consent and agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of a court of competent jurisdiction located in New York, NY.
- Agreement to Arbitrate Disputes and Choice of Law.
- Disclaimer of Representations and Warranties.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. NEITHER FORK FILMS NOR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “FORK FILMS PARTIES”) MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER AS TO THE CONTENT OR OTHER SERVICES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, OR ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES ARE LAWFUL IN EVERY JURISDICTION WHERE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THESE DISCLAIMERS DO NOT EXCLUDE ANY PRODUCT LIABILITY CLAIMS, STATUTORY CONSUMER RIGHTS, DAMAGES ASSOCIATED WITH PERSONAL INJURY OR RESULTING FROM FORK FILMS INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, RECKLESSNESS, FRAUD, OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE.
- Disclaimer of Representations and Warranties.
- Limitations of Our Liability.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE FORK FILMS PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE LOSSES OR DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR SYSTEM FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OR LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, USE, BUSINESS OR GOOD-WILL, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH (A) THE SERVICE, (B) THESE TERMS OR (C) YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SERVICE OR ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR FORK FILMS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL THE FORK FILMS PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES EXCEED THE GREATER OF (A) THE AMOUNTS, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO FORK FILMS FOR THE SERVICE IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO YOUR CLAIM OR (B) FIFTY UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($50.00). THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER THE ASSERTED LIABILITY OR DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, INDEMNIFICATION, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, STATUTE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY HEREIN DO NOT EXCLUDE ANY PRODUCT LIABILITY CLAIMS, STATUTORY CONSUMER RIGHTS, DAMAGES ASSOCIATED WITH PERSONAL INJURY OR RESULTING FROM FORK FILMS INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, RECKLESSNESS, FRAUD, OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE.
- Limitations of Our Liability.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Fork Films from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses (including, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of or in connection with any of the following: (i) your breach or alleged breach of these Terms; (ii) your Submissions; (iii) your use of the Service; (iv) your violation of any laws, rules, regulations, codes, statutes, ordinances or orders of any governmental or quasi-governmental authorities; (v) your violation of the rights of any third party, including any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right; or (vi) any misrepresentation made by you. Fork Films reserves the right to assume, at your expense, the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you. You agree to cooperate with Fork Films’s defense of any claim. You will not in any event settle any claim without the prior written consent of Fork Films.
This provision does not require you to indemnify us for any unconscionable commercial practice by such party or for such party’s fraud, deception, false promise, misrepresentation or concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact in connection with the Service.
- Waiver of Injunctive or other Equitable Relief.
YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AN INJUNCTION OR OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF OF ANY KIND, SUCH AS ANY COURT OR OTHER ACTION THAT MAY INTERFERE WITH OR PREVENT THE DEVELOPMENT OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEBSITE, APPLICATION, CONTENT, SUBMISSIONS, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNED, LICENSED, USED OR CONTROLLED BY FORK FILMS OR A LICENSOR OF FORK FILMS.
- Waiver of Injunctive or other Equitable Relief.
- Updates to Terms.
We reserve the right, at any time in our sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of these Terms and any applicable Additional Terms, without prior notice. You agree that we may notify you of any updated Terms and any applicable Additional Terms by posting them on the Service so that they are accessible via a link from the home page, and/or to send you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided to us. All such changes are effective immediately when we post them, or such later date as may be specified in the notice of updated Terms and any applicable Additional Terms. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of revised Terms and any applicable Additional Terms shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse is to cease using the Service.
- Updates to Terms.
- General Provisions.
A. Consent or Approval.
No Fork Films consent or approval may be deemed to have been granted by Fork Films without being in writing and signed by an officer of Fork Films.
The provisions of these Terms and any applicable Additional Terms, which by their nature should survive termination of your use of the Service, including sections on Service Use (except for the limited license), Films, Submissions, Copyright Infringement, Customer Support, Third Party Services, Service Features, Agreement to Arbitrate Disputes and Choice of Law, Disclaimer of Representations and Warranties, Limitations of Our Liability, Indemnification, Waiver of Injunctive or Other Equitable Relief, Updates to Terms, and General Provisions, will survive.
C. Severability; Interpretation; Assignment.
If any provision of these Terms, or any applicable Additional Terms, is for any reason deemed invalid, unlawful, void, or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable from these Terms or the Additional Terms, and the invalidity of the provision will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms or the Additional Terms. You hereby waive any applicable statutory and common law that may permit a contract to be construed against its drafter. The summaries of provisions and section headings are provided for convenience only and shall not limit the full Terms. Fork Films may assign its rights and obligations under these Terms and any applicable Additional Terms, in whole or in part, to any party at any time without any notice. These Terms and any applicable Additional Terms may not be assigned by you, and you may not delegate your duties under them, without the prior written consent of an officer of Fork Films.
D. Complete Agreement; No Waiver
These Terms, and any applicable Additional Terms, reflect our complete agreement regarding the Service and supersede any prior agreements, representations, warranties, assurances or discussion related to the Service. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms or any applicable Additional Terms, (i) no failure or delay by you or Fork Films in exercising any of rights, powers, or remedies under will operate as a waiver of that or any other right, power, or remedy, and (ii) no waiver or modification of any term of these Terms or any applicable Additional Terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced.
E. International Issues.
Fork Films controls and operates the Service from the U.S.A., and Fork Films makes no representation that the Service is appropriate or available for use beyond the U.S.A. You agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to these Terms or to any sale of goods carried out as a result of your use of the Service. Software related to or made available by the Service may be subject to export controls of the U.S.A, and, except as authorized by law, you agree and warrant not to export or re-export the software to any county, or to any person, entity, or end-user subject to U.S. export controls or sanctions.
F. Investigations; Cooperation with Law Enforcement.
Fork Films reserves the right to investigate and prosecute any suspected breaches of these Terms or the Service. Fork Films may disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
G. California Consumer Rights and Notices.
Residents of California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights information: you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at: 400 R St., Suite 1080, Sacramento, California, 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254. Their website is located at: http://www.dca.ca.gov.
Effective Date: March 22, 2017.
1. Introduction and Overview.
- Information Collection.
A. Information You Provide.
We and our Service Providers (defined below) may collect information you provide directly via the Service. For example, we collect information when you sign-up for our mailing lists, purchase or view our content, or otherwise communicate or transact with us through the Service.The information we collect may include Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally (whether alone or in combination), such as your first and last name, e-mail address, and postal address. You may choose to voluntarily submit certain other information to us through the Service, including Personal Information, but you are solely responsible for your own Personal Information in instances where we have not requested that you submit such information to us.Where you purchase content through the Service, we use a Third Party Service (defined below) to process your payment information, including
B. Information Collected Automatically.
The methods that may be used on the Service to collect Usage Information include:
- Log Information: Log information is data about your use of the Service, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, which is stored in log files.
- Information Collected by Tracking Technologies: Cookies, web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”), embedded scripts, and other tracking technologies now and hereafter developed (“Tracking Technologies”) may be used to collect information about your interactions with the Service or e-mails, including information about your browsing and activity behavior.
- Cookies A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s device, which may be a session ID cookie or tracking cookie. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Service and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies help in understanding how you use the Service, and remain longer. The Service may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your devices. Cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time.
- Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”) Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “internet tags” or “clear gifs” embedded in web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used to count the number of visitors to the Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, and to count content views.
- Embedded Scripts An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them, please see “Third Party Services, Social and Video Features, and Analytics” and “Your Choices” below.
C. Information from Other Sources.
- Manage our Service and films;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities;
- Conduct research, including focus groups and surveys;
- Improve the Service or other Fork Films websites, applications, marketing efforts, products and services;
- Send you advertisements and communicate with you regarding our and third party products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events we think you may be interested in (for information about how to manage these communications and marketing efforts, please see “Your Choices” below); and
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information.
- To comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- To protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service, the individuals involved in our films, or any third party;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- With our affiliates for internal business purposes;
- With our affiliates, business partners, and other third parties for their own business purposes, including direct marketing purposes (California residents have certain rights set forth in “Your California Privacy Rights” below);
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose.
- Sweepstakes, Contests, Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, surveys, and other promotions (each, a “Promotion”) jointly sponsored or offered by third parties that may require submitting Personal Information. If you voluntarily choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Third Party Services, Social Features, and Analytics. Our Service includes hyperlinks to websites, locations, platforms, or services operated by third parties (“Third Party Service(s)“). For example, we may link to third party video services, such as iTunes or Netflix, in order to view our films. These Third Party Services may use Tracking Technologies to independently collect information about you and may solicit Personal Information from you.Certain functionalities on the Service permit interactions that you initiate between the Service and certain Third Party Services, such as third party social networks and video services (“Social and Video Features”). Examples of Social and Video Features include “liking” or “sharing” our content, watching embedded videos using third party video service technology, and otherwise connecting our Service to a Third Party Service. If you use Social and Video Features, and
potentially other Third Party Services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on our Service or by the Third Party Service that you use.Similarly, if you post information on a Third Party Service that references our Service (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with Fork Films in a tweet or status update), your post may be used on or in connection with our Service. Also, both Fork Films and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of our Service and the Third Party Service.We may use Google Analytics and other Service Providers for analytics services. These analytics services may use Tracking Technologies to help Fork Films analyze Service users and how they use the Service. Information generated by these services (e.g., your IP address and other Usage Information) may be transmitted to and stored by these Service Providers on servers in the U.S. (or elsewhere) and these Service Providers may use
information on Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them, please see “Information Collected Automatically” above and “Your Choices” below.
- Your Choices.
A. Accessing Your Information.
You may access, update, or remove certain information that you voluntarily submitted to us when you made a purchase through the Service by sending an e-mail to us
. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.B. Tracking Technologies Generally. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately.Please be aware that if you disable or remove Tracking Technologies some parts of the Service may not work and that when you revisit the Service your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit
C. Analytics Tracking Technologies
or downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Fork Films is not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
You can opt out of receiving certain promotional e-mails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in e-mails to click on the unsubscribe link or by sending an e-mail to us
with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the e-mail. Please note that your opt out is limited to the e-mail address used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions or non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or Fork Films’s ongoing business relations.
- Your California Privacy Rights. California’s “Shine the Light” law permits customers in California to request certain details about how certain types of their information are shared with third parties and, in some cases, affiliates, for those third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business should either provide California customers certain information upon request or permit California customers to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing.Fork Films may share personal information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” law with third parties and/or affiliates for such third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain information about our compliance with this law, please e-mail us
or send us a letter to Fork Films LLC, 25 East 21st Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10010 (Attention: Legal). Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that Fork Films is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided e-mail address or mail address.
- Children. The Service is intended for a general audience and not directed to children under thirteen (13) years of age. Fork Films does not intend to collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and believe Fork Films has collected such information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, please e-mail us
or send us a letter to Fork Films LLC, 25 East 21st Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10010 (Attention: Legal), and we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA.
- Data Security. We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through our Service.
- Contact Us. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us
or send us a letter to Fork Films LLC, 25 East 21st Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10010 (Attention: Legal).